SPECIAL FUNDRAISING MEETING!!
Oh boy! A chance to help wildlife in Niagara?
You bet we're going to the meeting!
You should too!!
Sun. Oct. 27, 2013 at 2 pm
Location: Dain Ave., Welland, Ontario
PLEASE RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
so we have an idea on how many will attend.
We will contact you with the exact location and
a phone number if you have any further questions.
This is YOUR CHANCE to put your collective minds together and help Niagara Wildlife Haven raise funds, secure steady funding and grants, and move. We will reopen in spring in a much larger facility and expand to be able to meet the increase in our intakes. If fundraising is not your cup of tea but you want to volunteer in other ways, please download an application and get it back to us so we can call a meeting of volunteers and get started. Better yet, bring it with you to the meeting. We will get organized and get started.
The best feeling of all is the realization that you did something no matter how small or large, that gave that animal a second chance to be what it was born to be...wild and free. There is no bigger thanks than that.
SEE YOU AT THE MEETING!!
If you are in a position to do some fundraising, are good at organizing events and really would like to help wildlife in Niagara, we'd love to hear from you. We are looking for individuals who are able to make a serious commitment to volunteering.
Fall and Winter are the time of year when holding events to raise monetary donations are absolutely critical to our ability to provide care for the upcoming season.
Cash donations are absolutely necessary to pay for:
- the extra costs in utilities
- heating pads that have to be kept plugged in
- no-freeze water buckets that have to be plugged in during the winter/fall
- extra water has to be paid for
- a per bag charge for the extra garbage waste disposal
- the cost for all the special large size 'compostable' bags and 'compostable' large size paper bags - compost pick up may be free, but it now has to be in special bags which aren't free!
- the cost of food and formula for wildlife orphans that has to be pre-ordered for the upcoming seasonal intakes,
- veterinary care, medications, and vaccinations for the sick and wounded wild animals,
- supplies necessary to keep the clinic stocked and prepared for orphaned wild baby animals.
Without cash donations, to cover those costs, we'd have to close our doors.
Funding has been in such short supply that it has necessitated a limit on the number of wildlife we can admit and a change in policy regarding intakes. A donation (in any amount) is now required for animals admitted. The required donations will help us to offset the cost of care - we cannot finance this with our own personal finances any longer. We haven't closed the doors - yet, and we hope we don't ever have to.
The bottom line is - unless we can raise the necessary funds, fewer animals can be cared for and our native wildlife loses.
If you can help us to do some fundraising, please contact us, and send in an application. We'd love to hear from you!
©1997-2013 Niagara Wildlife Haven All rights reserved. Design and content are copyrighted to Niagara Wildlife Haven.
Questions/comments about this website? Email: niagarawildlifehaven (at) gmail (dot) com
Updated: 18 Oct 2013 02:25 PM Site optimized for viewing in IE browser.